“Members working in cooperation with education providers to meet the
future workforce needs of our business community”
The Workforce Committee works with businesses and schools to make the connections needed to help inform students of what is needed in the emerging workforce. There are several ongoing initiatives.
- Each March we host a CareerFest with area high schools to help students be more informed about future career choices. Students are surveyed to see where their interests are and their day is planned around the survey results. Each year there are over 60 area professionals and 20 plus volunteers who get together to CareerFest a success.
- Each October during Manufacturing Week, area manufacturers open their doors for tours to high school students to give them a first hand look at manufacturing. Students are bussed to three very different locations to see how many different opportunities are available within manufacturing. Click here Manufacturing Publication link to view Faribault’s information about manufacturing and a list of area manufacturers.
- At the start of every school year. Chamber members provide items for new teacher welcome bags. These are distributed to all Faribault schools. This is a great way to engage local business and educators.
- Chamber members are open to job shadow connections with local students and have stepped up to provide meaningful career development assistance to students.
- This year the chamber added an internship outreach to the workforce projects. We connected with area colleges to learn how to increase the number of interns at work in Faribault companies.