Faribault Main Street Program
In 2009 the Downtown Businesses celebrated the completion of a two year construction project that completely updated the infrastructure of the downtown. The business people involved quickly began planning the next phase of downtown revitalization. The committee held a downtown forum and conducted an extensive survey to help determine the most pressing downtown issues.
There was overwhelming support for organizing the committee efforts around the four key elements supported by the National Main Street organization.
Mission Statement: The Faribault Main Street Program is organized to unify the central business district, with emphasis on Central Avenue, to create an attractive destination in which businesses prosper, the community benefits and residents and visitors enjoy a quality downtown experience.
All of these groups welcome additional participants and rely on the involvement of many downtown business owners, property owners and residents to develop the plan and bring these ideas to fruition.
Find more information on the National Main Street go to www.preservationnation.org/mainstreet/about-main-street/the-approach
Building consensus and cooperation among the many groups and individuals who have a role in the revitalization process.
Chaired by: Bruce Burkhartzmeyer -Burkhartzmeyer Shoes email@example.com
Peggy Keilen-Faribo Air Conditioning & Heating firstname.lastname@example.org
• Develop the Main Street Faribault district boundaries
• Formalize the relationship with the Chamber
• Develop handbooks for all committee chairs
• Develop and distribute welcome-information packets to new businesses in the district
• Develop a presentation to give to service clubs and other groups
Strengthening the district’s existing economic base while finding ways to expand it to meet new opportunities.
Chaired by: Larry Harn –G & H Property Management, LMH Appraisals email@example.com
• Complete an inventory of available space
• Update list of incentives available for building owners in the downtown district
• Update city and Chamber website with economic information for downtown
• Begin business surveys and market research
Enhancing the physical appearance of the commercial district by rehabilitating historic buildings, encouraging compatible infill, and developing sensitive design management systems.
Chaired by: Doug Zahn –State Bank of Faribault firstname.lastname@example.org
• Launch fundraising efforts for downtown Flower Basket project
• Advance the parking lot naming and signing project
• Assist owners of vacant spaces with window signs and displays
Marketing the traditional commercial district’s assets to customers, potential investors, new businesses, local citizens, and visitors.
Chaired by: Laura Paquette – The Cheese Cave email@example.com
• Identify Faribault’s unique downtown opportunities
• Create promotions that meet specific goals
• Establish an annual marketing and promotions plan for downtown
• Produce special events and activities